I. Call to order
Todd Christopherson, President, called to order the regular meeting of the Mountain Lions Baseball Boosters at 7:00p.m. on August 26, 2014 at Hillcrest Middle School.
II. Roll call
The following officers were present: Todd Christopherson, President, Dean Cavaletto, Vice President, Heather Dyer, Treasurer, and Gretchen Cobb, Secretary.
III. Approval of minutes from last meeting
The minutes were approved as issued.
IV. New business
a) The activity schedule was discussed and many volunteers offered to contribute their time to coordinate activities. We are still in need of volunteers for many activities and events. Please contact Todd Christopherson if you are interested in volunteering. Current volunteers are noted below:
Activity When Responsible Person(s) Discussion Notes
Poker Tourney / Left-Right-Center 4-Oct Gard/ Dyer
MHRS Hoodie Sales Late Sept Marni Christopherson / Deb Lowe Sell at Dinner Nights
Poker Tourney / Left-Right-Center 6-Dec Gard/ Dyer
Field Banners Ongoing Todd Christopherson Goal: have fence filled by Jan
Wiffle Ball Tourney Concessions November? Marni Christopherson
Community Service Event Ongoing? Sally Rankin / Michelle Sullivan
Super Bowl Pool Late Jan Andrea Sandoval
Golf Tournament Roth? / Sieglitz?
Baseball Booster Shirts / Stickers Early Feb Marni Christopherson / Deb Lowe booster membership discussed
Bingo Night Mid Feb Still Need Volunteers for this activity
Concessions Schedule - Varsity Late Feb Marni Christopherson Marni will provide a
Concessions Schedule - JV Late Feb Marni Christopherson list of needed
Concession Stand Donations Ongoing Marni Christopherson items for the stand
Tires & Wheels for Concessions Late Feb Heather Dyer
Restaurant Nights Ongoing Robbin Swartz
50 / 50 Raffle Coordination March - May Still Need Volunteers for this activity
Spring Break Tournament Gates Mid March Still Need Volunteers for this activity
Team Diner Nights - Varsity March - May Still Need Volunteers for this activity
Team Dinner Nights - JV March - May Still Need Volunteers for this activity
Team Dinner Nights - Freshman March - May Still Need Volunteers for this activity
Website Administration Ongoing Myke Ruff
Game Pictures & Videos March - May Still Need Volunteers for this activity
Senior Night Late April Still Need Volunteers for this activity
Banquet Organization Early May Still Need Volunteers for this activity
b) Fall Baseball Activities and Opportunities
1. Field day will be Saturday September 13th. Please bring tools and join us in working on the field.
2. The booster club will purchase shirts and hats for the fall club team. It is estimated that the players will be responsible for minimal fees that roughly approximate $50 per player per tournament. The tournament fees will need to be paid directly to the booster club and not to the bookstore.
3. Camp begins September 15 and should be paid directly to the bookstore. The cost is $125.00 per player.
4. Strength training/speed camp will begin in October and will be $69 per month. The training will be baseball oriented. These fees should be paid directly to the strength training company.
5. Lance Billingsley discussed that he will send out a rubric for tryouts 2-3 weeks before tryouts.
6. There is also an opportunity for players to participate in a free throwing program run by the seniors. This is generally 2 days per week and is student run (there are no coaches present).
Todd Christopherson, President, adjourned the meeting at 8:30p.m.
Minutes submitted by: Gretchen Cobb, Secretary